Thursday, April 7, 2011

Candid Camera

The article was datelined Ridgeland, S.C. a town of 2518 people approx. 20 miles north of the Georgia border. This town has installed cameras on Interstate 95 and as a result they have nabbed thousands of motorists for speed violations. These are the only such devices along 2000 miles of I95 from Florida to Canada. I seem to recall the last speeding ticket I received was in South Carolina. And me with Florida plates. Good thing they didn't know I was a Yankee. Their many different counties and townships have a penchant for changing speed limits. As many of us use this thru corridor you need to be alert when passing thru Ridgeland. I don't mind tolls for bridges and tunnels but the State of Delaware has a toll booth right on I95 as it uses a few miles of their territory. Need to ease back on that cruise control.
tjs
Next - A Golfer's Lament

No comments:

Post a Comment