Friday, April 8, 2011

A Golfer's Lament

I smuggled this one out of the nineteenth hole with no wish to offend. And this being Friday........

This fellow went to confession and told the priest that he dropped the F bomb - the priest said "tell me about it."  Said the penitent - I was playing golf and hit a beautiful drive 250 yards straight down the fairway and it rolled and came to rest in a divot."
P - so is that when you said it?
G - No, not yet - I got out of the divot with a shot heading towards the green when it caught a tree branch and dropped into the rough.
P- Oh, that's when you dropped the F word.!
G - No, not yet - I ripped a shot out of the rough toward the flag - it landed on the edge of the green but with the backspin it trickled down into a pond.
P - That must have been the time!
G - No - a strange thing happened - a seagull picked up my ball and dropped it twelve inches from the cup.
P - Don't tell me you missed that F___ing putt!!!!
tjs
Next - The Great Blackout (Mon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment