Monday, April 25, 2011

Musings while Shaving

They say that Los Angeles is a sprawling metropolis of thruways and overpasses - with few sidewalks - where people communicate by bumper sticker. You've seen them - "Honk if you love Jesus" - "If you can read this then you are too close". I heard the following the other day but my bumper isn't big enough.
A bar owner in New York had this written on his chalkboard - "Veni, vedi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around." (from the Latin translation).
Then there are the merchants who use us to advertise their products. I don't buy Tommy Hilfiger clothing because I don't want his name on my chest, cuffs, back, lapels, etc - he makes you feel like a walking sandwich board. As for advertising I just read where some community is allowing advertising on the sides of their school buses.....
 Flash! just read where Glenn Beck is leaving New York. In the old days we would say he was one step ahead of the landlord.

Enough for now - it's Andy Rooney's turn.
tjs
Next - The Main Line

No comments:

Post a Comment