Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just Friends

One of my nephews has 1,007 Facebook friends - another young tickler of the keyboard has 729. Either way, that's a helluva Christmas Card list! Perhaps I should buy Hallmark stock. I have fifteen - two of whom sometimes write in foreign tongues. Several of my senior friends were induced to join the network by grandchildren. One even had his name misspelled. The host is constantly urging for photos but octogenarians  are not that photogenic. I eventually removed my year of birth as it was causing raised eyebrows in certain quarters. So I have to pose the question - "How do we identify our friends?"
A - How about someone who offers you an interest free loan?
B - or visits you in the hospital?
C - or helps you post bail?
D - or prays over your bier?
E- or your masseuse who really DOES have your back?

My oldest and best friend is someone I met in the third grade - I don't think he is on F___book. It must be a generational thing. And unfriending seems so cruel but maybe better than pistols as twenty paces.
tjs
Next - Brevity II

1 comment:

  1. i agree. unfriending seems harsh and i would never want to burn a bridge. of my so called fb friends i only talk to maybe 50?? i consider fb to be much more of a networking tool.
    -bh

    ReplyDelete