Saturday, April 30, 2011

Epitaphs II

The art of tombstone "rubbing" has been practiced over the years by genealogists and folks interested in their family tree. Some use butcher paper or interfacing and rub with charcoal, chalk or crayon. As tombstones are artifacts the practice is illegal in some states. You can find more on the subject on Google, where else?

On the 22nd of June - ______   ______ went out of tune.

A nuisance in life - he brought us relief in death. (Ouch)

I've made some good deals in my time - but I'm going in the hole on this one.

Excuse me, I can't stand up!    Groucho Marx wanted this but didn't get it I believe.

Cast a cold eye on life, on death, horseman pass by. (William Butler Yeats - County Sligo, Ireland)

That's all, folks! (Mel Blanc)

tjs
Next - Thoughts at Random (Mon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment