Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A. Rooney Rant

Perhaps it is time for a "Rooney Rant" but Andy is nowhere to be found. So let's take up the cudgels:

Do we really need Daylight Saving Time into November? I hate these dark October mornings and I hate driving in the dark which probably is a generational thing.  And I shudder to see all the little children standing on the curb in the dark awaiting the school buses. Pretty soon we will roll back our clocks and extend that Saturday night party but the poor animals will awake to find a new traffic pattern. And those armadillos don't move very fast. I am all for energy conservation but I think we have carried it too far. Except I don't see the issue on the ballot yet. But then I recall that proverb "It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." Anybody got a match?
tjs
Next - Film Review
PS - Learned yesterday that Andy Rooney has been hospitalized and we wish him a speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment