Thursday, November 11, 2010

Birthday

Today November 11, 2010 is my birthday - I share this date with a fellow Scorpio my late and respected father-in-law John F. McDevitt. The calendar reminds me that I am eighty-one years old. This is an incredible number. In Super Bowl years it is LXXXI - you wonder how the Romans dealt with such numbering at the grocery store.

For those of you who missed my birthday you can redeem yourselves next year. A peek at next year's calendar reveals the date to be --- 11-11-11 a perfect tri-fecta for a gambler at the track. I hope it does not have any Satanic connotations similar to 6-6-6.
Don't get too close to the birthday cake - the candle power will singe your hair - and I hope I have the wind power to extinguish it.
"They" say as we get older the memory is the second thing to go - and I can't remember what the first thing is.
So, many happy returns of the day.
tjs

No comments:

Post a Comment