Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Trails

I read in last Friday's N.Y. Times that they shut down the Roy Rogers/Dale Evans Museum in Missouri and many of the artifacts have been sold at auction - some to the Gene Autry National Center. But several taxidermied animals were sold thru Christie's to an Omaha TV station owner - these included Roy's palomino horse Trigger for $266,500. and Trigger's companion German shepherd, Bullet for $35,000. This owner has sent the animals on a yearlong traveling exhibition, the "Happy Trails Tour." As they say, watch for it in your neighborhood - and Happy Trails to you.
tjs
Next- The Handshake

3 comments:

  1. Found your blog through your son's Chicago Tribune article. Happy New Year. jim from Cleveland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I discovered this blog. I read about it in the Chicago Trib. This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Waukegan, IL (Jack Benny's hometown)..I discovered your blog through your son's Tribune article. My family vacations every year in Cape May and his story gave me a chuckle. I enjoy reading your blogs. Your stories bring back memories of my own father whose stories I can no longer enjoy. Thank you for sharing and I will stay tuned. Candi

    ReplyDelete